Listen or dowload it for Free
Click on the item you wish to listen or to download
Overview by Paul Cracknell
Dave Tomlinson, the radical Christian thinker, Greenbelt speaker and author of 'The Post Evangelical', now from St Lukes church in London, shared material from his book 'Re-enchanting Christianity' with touching stories of how his vision manifests itself in the hurting circumstances and hope of the lives of those around him.
What is that vision?
To move beyond the limitations of secular and typical christian descriptions of reality so that people have a sense of belonging in the world around them. Churches therefore need to become spirited places if they are not to become extinct or ghettos of the certainties of fundamentalism. He explored what this meant for our spirituality, our mission and our engagement with each other.
His talk covered inspiring examples of being present and models for relating, practical tools for dialogue and a clarion call to churches on how they can thrive as an integral part of contemporary culture, being the incarnation of which they preach if they are willing to change.
Details of the above Recordings
(videos mentioned in the talks are available at the bottom of the page)
1. Faith without Dogma (42mins)
- Re-Spiriting Christianity in a world disenchanted
with religion but spiritually hungry.
2. Dialogue (32 Mins)
3. This is my truth, tell me yours (54 mins)
- Mission and mutuality in spirited exchanges with
God's 'scattered people'.
4. Dialogue (19 mins)
5. Church without Borders (27 mins)
- Creating open, empowering communities.
6. Diologue (32 mins)
7. ‘Costing less than everything’ (41mins)
- Called to transform the world with a healing culture of
compassion, hope and liberation.
8. Closing Dialogue (4 mins)
Related Video Links from the Talks
Click on the item you wish to view